|Small Town Tragedy|
|Original airdate:||October 8, 2013|
|Previous episode:||Hiding in Plain Sight|
Mary Anne Holmes was a young and vibrant single mother of two. She escaped an abusive ex and moved to Thatcher, and was working hard to fit into her new, close-knit community through school and church. One Saturday, after hosting a yard sale at her house, she and her two young daughters fell asleep in the living room, as always. The next morning, four-year-old Ashleigh ran across the street to her neighbor’s house naked, her hands bound. She wanted to know why her mommy wouldn’t wake up. While neither Ashleigh nor her 18-month-old sister Sara were harmed, their mother, Mary Anne, was brutally abused and murdered, right in front of her babies. To this day, Ashleigh and the town of Thatcher have searched for answers. Was this a sick stranger passing through town? Someone who happened upon the house that day? Or could it have been someone close to Mary Anne?
- Kelly Siegler as Prosecutor Kelly Siegler
- Yolanda McClary as Crime Scene Investigator Yolanda McClary
- Alan Brown as Homicide Investigator Alan Brown
- Detective Kendall Curtis (Thatcher Police Department)
- Detective Terry Johnson (Arizona Department of Public Safety)
- Thatcher, Arizona (July 9, 1995)
- Mary Anne Holmes (29)
- Phillip Turley - named a prime suspect though not formally charged.
|Cold Justice season 1|
|Episodes||Small Town Suicide? • Mother • Home Town Hero • Hit and Run • Hiding in Plain Sight • Small Town Tragedy • Hatchet • Blind Love|
|Other Seasons||Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7|